Solid Waste and Recycling
Like us on Facebook!
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
Now Open the 2nd Saturday of the Month
8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
In-Person: S3705 County Highway LF, Viroqua, WI 54665
After careful consideration, we have decided to close our office area to all non-department individuals at 12:00pm today (Thursday, October 8th). This includes members of the public. We ask that residents pull up on the scale and remain in their vehicles. Someone from the office will be out to assist you.
We will operate this way for the next two weeks until October 26th. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this safety protocol please contact me at (608) 634-2900. Thank you for your cooperation and stay healthy and safe!
- Effective October 21st, 2020 the per tire disposal prices will increase to the following:
- $4.00 per auto tire
- $10.00 per pickup truck tire
- $20.00 per large truck tire
- The Solid Waste and Recycling Committee will meet on October 14th, 2020 at 9:30a.m. Please see agenda for details. Agenda
- Effective September 16th, 2020 the disposal rate on tires will increase to $300.00 per ton.
- A recording of the 8/12/2020 SWR Committee meeting can be found at : https://vernoncounty.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/vernoncounty/recording/playback/98c2a30214b144b6b4dc1626930667bb Enter password : aMpHBnJ4 to view the Webex recording.
- SCS Engineer Presentation Slides of the Financial and Environmental Analysis as well as a recording of the Q&A that followed the presentation at the SWR Committee Meeting on July 15th, 2020.
- The Vernon County Landfill will no longer be open for drop-off on Saturdays.
- Residential Tipping Fee has increased to $120.00 per ton. The minimum drop charge has increased to $20.00 for 400 pounds or less.
- All businesses are required to obtain a Hauler License from the Vernon County Solid Waste and Recycling Department to utilize the County Facility. Please have all loads tarped or covered during transport to the landfill and help us keep our roadways litter free.