Solid Waste and Recycling
Our Mission is to provide the citizens of Vernon County with outstanding service while empowering the citizens to take greater responsibility for the protection and enhancement of their environment by providing integrated, cost effective, and environmentally sound solid waste disposal.
Monday through Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
Open the 2nd Saturday of the Month
8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
In-Person: S3705 County Highway LF, Viroqua, WI 54665
- We will not be having a Spring Household Hazardous Clean Sweep due to grant funding issues. If you'd like to dispose of your unwanted hazardous waste you can contact LaCrosse County Hazardous Waste Program at 608-785-9999. Fees will apply if disposed in LaCrosse county. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. The Solid Waste and Recycling Committee will meet on April 13th at 9:30a.m. at the Vernon County Highway Conference Room. Please see agenda for details. Agenda Amended Agenda
- A recording of the 8/12/2020 SWR Committee meeting can be found at : https://vernoncounty.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/vernoncounty/recording/playback/98c2a30214b144b6b4dc1626930667bb Enter password : aMpHBnJ4 to view the Webex recording.
- SCS Engineer Presentation Slides of the Financial and Environmental Analysis as well as a recording of the Q&A that followed the presentation at the SWR Committee Meeting on July 15th, 2020.
- All businesses are required to obtain a Hauler License from the Vernon County Solid Waste and Recycling Department to utilize the County Facility.
- Please have all loads tarped or covered during transport to the landfill and help us keep our roadways litter free.