Solid Waste and Recycling
Our Mission is to provide the citizens of Vernon County with outstanding service while empowering the citizens to take greater responsibility for the protection and enhancement of their environment by providing integrated, cost effective, and environmentally sound solid waste disposal.
Like us on Facebook!
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
Now Open the 2nd Saturday of the Month
8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
In-Person: S3705 County Highway LF, Viroqua, WI 54665
- The Solid Waste and Recycling Committee will meet on August 11th, 2021 at 9:30a.m. at the County Board Room located at 400 Courthouse Square (Annex Building, 3rd Floor), Viroqua. Please see agenda for details. Agenda
- Effective October 21st, 2020 the per tire disposal prices will increase to the following:
- $4.00 per auto tire
- $10.00 per pickup truck tire
- $20.00 per large truck tire
- A recording of the 8/12/2020 SWR Committee meeting can be found at : https://vernoncounty.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/vernoncounty/recording/playback/98c2a30214b144b6b4dc1626930667bb Enter password : aMpHBnJ4 to view the Webex recording.
- SCS Engineer Presentation Slides of the Financial and Environmental Analysis as well as a recording of the Q&A that followed the presentation at the SWR Committee Meeting on July 15th, 2020.
- All businesses are required to obtain a Hauler License from the Vernon County Solid Waste and Recycling Department to utilize the County Facility. Please have all loads tarped or covered during transport to the landfill and help us keep our roadways litter free.