Solid Waste and Recycling
Like us on Facebook!
Spring Household Hazardous Clean Sweep
Date: Saturday May 8, 2021
Time : 8am to 12pm
Where: Vernon County Recycling Facility
S3705 County Road LF
Viroqua, WI 54665
No garbage or recycling drop-off allowed at this time.
Residents are required to stay in their vehicle
We are accepting (with a 200 lb limit):
Paints, Stains, Other Non-Hazardous Materials - .25/pound.
Agriculture, Automotive, Toxic and Flammable Liquids are free.
We do not accept Prescription Drugs, Ammunition, Explosives, or Radioactive Materials at any time.
This is for residential quantities only. Businesses are asked to contact Lacrosse County Hazardous Waste Program.
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
Now Open the 2nd Saturday of the Month
8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
In-Person: S3705 County Highway LF, Viroqua, WI 54665
- The Solid Waste and Recycling Committee will meet on April 14th, 2021 at 9:30a.m. Please see agenda for details. Agenda
- Effective October 21st, 2020 the per tire disposal prices will increase to the following:
- $4.00 per auto tire
- $10.00 per pickup truck tire
- $20.00 per large truck tire
- A recording of the 8/12/2020 SWR Committee meeting can be found at : https://vernoncounty.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/vernoncounty/recording/playback/98c2a30214b144b6b4dc1626930667bb Enter password : aMpHBnJ4 to view the Webex recording.
- SCS Engineer Presentation Slides of the Financial and Environmental Analysis as well as a recording of the Q&A that followed the presentation at the SWR Committee Meeting on July 15th, 2020.
- All businesses are required to obtain a Hauler License from the Vernon County Solid Waste and Recycling Department to utilize the County Facility. Please have all loads tarped or covered during transport to the landfill and help us keep our roadways litter free.