Licensing and Inspections
The Vernon County Health Department serves as the licensing and regulating authority in Vernon County for:
- Retail Food Establishment Serving Meals
- Retail Food Establishments Not Serving Meals
- Grocery Stores, Bakeries, Convenience Stores, etc.
- Lodging Facilities
- Recreation/ Education Camps
- Temporary Food Stands
- Body Art Facilities (tattoo and body piercing)
Licensing year is from July 1st through June 30. Renewals for licenses must be returned before July 1st to avoid a late fee being assessed. Licenses are not transferable. All fees (license fee, pre-inspection fee, etc.) must be paid before license is issued. Application for a new facility/change of owner can be found here.
All facilities are required by local ordinance to be inspected at least once a year. Re-inspections are also required for facilities with priority items (formerly critical violations). Pre-inspections are required for new facilities, change of owners, and significant remodels to existing facilities.