ADRC County Email Office 365 GoTime

Civil Process

To request civil process in Vernon County, you must:

  1. Complete one Civil Process Worksheet for each person/entity to be served.  Provide as much information as possible to assist our deputies in locating the individual(s).
  2. Submit the fees.
    The fee is $100 per person/entity to be served per case.  It is only $25 for each additional person if at the same address.
    We accept cash (exact change), personal checks, money orders, and credit cards (additional fees apply).  Checks should be made payable to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
  3. Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope so we can return the Certificate of Service to you.  You may also pick up the Certificate of Service at the sheriff's office.  

Mail or drop off the above items to:
Vernon County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Civil Process 
1320 Bad Axe Court
Viroqua, WI 54665

If you would like the sheriff's office to serve a Writ of Restitution, Writ of Replevin, Writ of Assistance, or Execution Against Property, call the Civil Process Department at 608-638-5710 as there are separate requirements. 

If you would like to schedule a sheriff's/foreclosure sale, call the Civil Process Department at 608-638-5710.