ADRC County Email Office 365 GoTime

COVID-19 Resources

COVID-19 Resources
Click here for COVID-19 Information
Click here for COVID-19 Frequently asked questions

Click on the link below for each resource section:
Food Resources
        Business Resources        Financial Resources    Mental Health Resources    

Food Resources:

UW-Extension Food Resources
Click here for the web page with resources from UW-Extension.  

Senior Dining Centers:

Viroqua, WI March 17, 2020.   The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Vernon County is announcing that meals will temporarily no longer be served in the Senior Dining Centers in Vernon County effective immediately due to the spread of COVID 19.  Although meals cannot be eaten at the dining center, meals will be available for carry out.  If you are a Vernon County resident age 60 or older and interested in receiving a meal please call the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Vernon County at 608-637-5201.  Home delivered meals are still being provided to those who qualify. 

Click here for their web site

Click here for their facebook page:
School Meal Resources:

School districts are providing meals for families that would like to participate. All children 18 years and younger who live in the school district are eligible for breakfast and lunch each day at no cost. There are no income-based qualifications needed to partcipate. This program is also available to private school and homeschooled children. Contact the school district directly to sign up for meals and to get more information.
Viroqua Area Schools: (608)-637-1181 or (608)-637-1645
Kickapoo School District: (608)-627-1494
Westby School District: (608)-634-0101
La Farge School District:
Hillsboro School District: 608-489-2221
De Soto School District: 608-648-3311

Wisconsin Foodshare:
The purpose of the FoodShare program is to help stop hunger and improve nutrition and the health of people with limited money  buy the food they need. People of all ages who have a job but have low incomes, are living on small or fixed income, have lost their job, retired or are disabled and not able to work, may receive help through the Wisconsin FoodShare program.  Qualifications to receive the FoodShare Program are based on income and other qualifications.

For more information on FoodShare program and income guidelines visit

To Apply for the FoodShare Program

Apply on-line  or
Apply by phone through the Western Region For Economic Assistance

Vernon County WIC Program:

The Vernon County WIC program is a food assistance program for pregnant or breastfeeding women, women that have recently delivered a baby, or have an infant or a child under the age of 5 years of age. If you would like to check your eligibility, please call 608-637-5260 or click on the link below.

Click here for more WIC information

Grocery Stores:
See below for a list of grocery stores that includes if they accept WIC, SNAP, offer Pick-up or delivery. This document is updated as new information and changes are added. 

Click here for the Grocery Store List

Business Resources:

The Vernon County Department of Economic Development has assembled business resources on their COVID-19 page here.

Vernon County COVID-19 Toolkit
Vernon County Health Department has assembled a collection of data and guidelines for the businesses and the community to move forward. You can view the Vernon County Business Toolkit here.

WEDC guidance for business reopenning can be found here.

Financial Resources:
Coulee Cap:

They are offering a financial assistance program to help people pay bills if they have been laid off or have seen a drastic reduction in work hours. An application can be completed online, and they are turning around checks in a few days. They have other resources available, too.

Mental Health Resources:
Information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Coping with stress

Taking care of yourself

Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Resiliant Wisconsin Website