ADRC County Email GoTime

County Clerk

400 Courthouse Square
Room 108 Courthouse Annex

Viroqua, WI 54665
Fax: 608-637-5556

Jody Audetat
County Clerk

Renee Tryggestad
Chief Deputy Clerk

Nicole Nelson
Deputy Clerk

Marriage License Information

  • Both must be present at the time when applying
  • One must be a resident of Vernon County for at least 30 days (unless coming from out of state) and the marriage must be in Wisconsin
  • Need to know the date of the marriage and also name, address, and telephone number of the officiant that will perform the ceremony
  • Need the following
  • Certified birth certificates, no photocopies are allowed
  • Driver’s licenses
  • Proof of residency-If driver’s license address is incorrect, bring a piece of dated mail such as a utility bill to prove residency.
  • Death Certificate/Divorce papers (Findings, Facts, and Conclusions) (if any previous marriages) Divorce papers must show judge’s signature and date divorce was final. License cannot be issued until 6 months have passed after divorce.
  • Out of country: Need copy of divorce papers or birth certificate translated to English by gov’t office of University. This translation needs to be notarized.
  • Cost = $70---(Waiver fee = $10) Cash or check only
  • See the website for additional information at under County Clerk, Marriages tab.


Come in 2-4 weeks ahead of wedding date because of 5 day waiting period. License is good for 30 days from that fifth day.

County Clerk Office hours: We ask that you come in between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm as the application process takes about 30 minutes. Regular office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. Closed on legal holidays.  


Judge’s Assistant: Kim 608-637-5347 to make appointment for Courthouse wedding

Stephanie Hopkins 608-637-6710 (Office)

Lee Nerison, E5985 Helgeson Rd, Westby, WI 54667, 608-634-4562

Judge Darcy Rood mailing address: 400 Courthouse Square, Suite 115, Viroqua 54665