Elder Benefit Specialists provide services to adults age 60 and over regarding information about public and private benefit programs, including assistance with application and appeal procedures.
Disability Benefit Specialists provide services to people age 18-59 with physical and/or developmental disabilities, mental illness and substance abuse disorders, regarding public and private benefits, including assistance with application and appeal procedures.
Benefit Specialists can:
- Provide accurate information about a wide variety of programs that cover healthcare, food and other household expenses
- Help you to identify and apply for programs that will best meet your needs
- Help with an appeal when eligibility or coverage is denied
- Advocate on your behalf with other parties
- Refer you to an attorney when necessary